Friday, March 27, 2015

march budget

Loft bow blouse [seen here]: originally $55 + 40% = $33
Loft pocket blouse [seen here]: originally $50 + 40% = $30

March Budget = $70

Quarter budget: $89 in February + $70 in March = $341 left 

Between late nights this week in the library and early morning class/shelf exams, I'm a little burned out right now, so this post, like my spending, is going to be short and sweet. While I purchased quite a few things this month, most (as always) didn't really work out, but I'm very pleased with the three that did.

Forever 21's clothes don't fit me very well, but I've always been pleasantly surprised with their jewelry. I've been eyeing several more expensive options for tassel necklaces, but you really can't beat one for seven bucks. This one is also the perfect length - I've noticed that some are rather long, but I wanted one that hit me ~mid chest, and this one does. If you aren't near a store, I've noticed that F21 has been running more free shipping on all orders recently, so it may be worth waiting a few days if you don't want to add anything else to your order (since you can only return items for store credit). 

I got both the Loft blouses at 40% off - Loft is currently running the same promotion where everything is 40% off (excluding Lou & Grey). I suggest signing up for the emails before putting in an order, because they will send you a 25% off order coupon and you can use that on top of the already 40% off (thank you to Cat for pointing out this great little trick!). Like I mentioned a few posts ago, I've had my eye on the chambray blazer, so I ordered that, as well as a few other items including these great tweed straight pants and an eyelet tee. I'll of course let you guys know how it all works out, and include them in my budget post next month if they work out.

In addition to the Loft order I put in yesterday, I also finally ordered the J.Crew Field jacket after admiring it on my friend Caitlin for over the past year. It's currently on sale with an additional 30% off (code: happyspring), which brings it down to $77 (basically half price). If you've been looking for a spring jacket, I've heard nothing but great things! I ordered the black version in a tall large.

So that's it for me! How did you do this month? Please link to your post below, and as always, please link back to this one so your readers can find other budgeting inspiration!